MXR Vintage Flanger MXR 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Vintage Flanger MXR 117

Does anyone have a picture of a working MXR 117 circuit board? My pots have been tweaked by some bozo and now the unit is not working like it should - need some advice on how to re-tweak to stock settings. A picture would be a great starting place! Thanks!

This is what I typically do to tweak for the sweet spot with any BBD device IF my oscilloscope is not available.

Open your Flanger and set it on a flat surface
    Plug your guitar and amp in and power everything on.
    With the effect engaged, turn all of the pots to the center of their sweep range.
    Use a non-conductive trim pot adjustment tool (if you have one, otherwise a small bladed screwdriver is fine) tweak the two trimpots that are closest to the SAD1024. The trimpot that connects to pins 11 and 12 is the balance and the other 5k labeled Trim is the bias. See the schematic here.

Tweak the bias trim pot for a sound you like then tweak the balance to hone in on the sweet spot. Go back and forth until you get the sound you like. Remember a little goes a long way.

The other trim pot labeled 500k Trim is the clock speed. Adjust it once you found the sweet spot with the balance and bias. If you adjust this trimpot too much you may hear noise or a squeal so the center usually is a good starting point on this trim pot.

Good luck,
    CJ

Comment

Thanks!

I will try this tomorrow!! Hopefully it will work! Will report back!

Comment

Yahoo!

It worked - thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X