Crate VC 5310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate VC 5310

I have a Crate VC5310. I've had it about 10+years and it's getting a little flaky. Alas Crate can provide nothing in the way of a schematic and directed me to a supplier in the UK who just never responded. So where can I get a detailed schematic with all the transformer values ?

??? Are you IN the UK then? Otherwise that makes no sense. perhaps they mail out paper copies and won't do that internationally.

The VC series covers several things and each variation has a new model number. Please describe the amp. Power/number of power tubes/ controls across front. That will let me know which generic drawing applies.

Then

Send me an email with Crate VC5310 Schematic as the subject line and ask for it.

tmenzo at msn dot com
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Vc5310

Hi Enzo
      I have fired off an email to you with the details but forgot to put it up on the forum for everyone else (that's if anyone else has a VC5310 these days!)
      - here it goes -
      Yes - I am in the UK. Unfortunately I have found that Crate just have not been able to answer some really basic questions - such as who made the speakers (branded Crate but we think they are Eminence). If I split the combo into a head and cab (the combo weighs 88lbs and is a handful) can I run the amp with a 4x10 cab running at 4 ohms or should I disconnect one of the speakers to run at 5.3ohms as it does at the moment?

Anyway - back to the original question -

The amp is a combo and runs on 230 volts over here.

The VC5310 is 50 watt driving 3 x 16ohm 10" speakers.
      It runs 4xEL84 power and 4x12ax7 pre amp.
      the control panel left to right is
      Input jack
      Clean Volume
      Clean Treble
      Clean Bass
      channel selector button
      effects jack
      Gain
      Treble
      Mid
      Bass
      Level
      clean reverb
      drive reverb
      foot switch jack
      Standby switch
      Power switch

Hope this helps

Cheddar

Comment

The output winding is 8 ohms. DO what you like with that data.

The code for Eminence is 67, so if there is a label on the speaker - these days on the side of the magnet often as not - with a number like 67-123456, then it is an EMinence speaker.

I see which prints you need.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Crate VC5310

Enzo
          Brilliant - thanks for the help.
          As it is 8 ohms, the cab I will be using (4 x 16ohm speakers) I'll switch off the last speaker in the line and run it as a 3x10 at 5.3 ohms for this amp so it will be the same as it was originally built and switch the fourth one on to run a BV60 head at 4 ohms.
          looking forward to the schematic

Comment

I have not received an email. Uh remember to turn the address into proper format, like replace the "dot" with a ".".

Comment

Ah! I sent one out on saturday at 12.20 to 'tmenzo@msn.com'. I'll send another today.

Comment

Crate VC5310

Enzo !
                Brilliant - where every other channel failed
                thanks
                Cheddar

Comment

Hey, just thought I'd share,

I blew 1 of my speakers in mine but took it as a chance to swap the 3 10" speakers for 2 12" (couple of 60w Trayden's) and I'm glad I did as the difference is amazing, lots of bottom end and still as clean as before

Comment

I have a Crate VC-5130 and need the level and bass pots. There are no specs only numbers on them. I cannot find the schematic listed anywhere either. The numbers are 70-254-22 9502 ROC and 70-105-22 9522 ROC. PLEASE HELP!!

Comment

The amp is generically a VC 50 (because it is a 50 watt Vintage Club). Here is a schematic: https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/the...-Schematic.pdf

Comment

the 70-254-22 is the part number.

9502 is a date code for when they made the pot - second week of 1995.

ROC - Republic of China.

DO a search for those two part number on google, and hope. I sold all my SLM pots a while back.

VC5310 is same as another model I cannot recall at the moment.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up guys. I did go to the tube store site and even called them. Was aware of what the numbers represented and that the specs weren't included. I have entered the parts numbers on every site I could find with no results. Perhaps since I now know the schematics are available I can use audio point to point pots to replace them. Thanks so very much. I will be a loyal member of this site from now on!

Comment

You may want to put your location in your profile so we know what parts houses to recommend. Here's a source for one of the pots.

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/285...ot-for-svt4pro

What's wrong with them- broken shafts, pot is open, intermittent, etc.? Have you tried cleaning them? If the shafts are broken, you could order 2 of the ones in the link and switch out the wafer in the 250K pot.

FWIW: For most of the SLM pot numbers, the middle number is the pot value. 254 = 25 + 4 zeros or 250K, 105 = 10 + 5 zeros or 1M, etc.
                            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

VC5310 is same as another model I cannot recall at the moment.
                              Pretty sure the Vintage Club 30 and 50 models all used the same PCB and tone stacks. The 50 watt 2x12 I had even had the wrong fuse value screen printed on the PCB because it was the value for the 30 watt version.

I think these are really underappreciated amps, a bit sensitive to tube choice but can really sound fantastic. I have a 30 watt 1x12 that I really need to get around to fixing.

Comment

Working...
                              X