Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 way tremolo on Squier strat... whats the deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 way tremolo on Squier strat... whats the deal?

i have a squier by fender stratocaster standard edition and it has 2 way synchronized tremolo. i dont like this because of the instability tuning it. if i loosen one string they all get tighter. is there a way to put on a typical tremolo? has anyone done this that they could tell me how?

thanks in advance.

Here's what a lot of people do,including myself.Loosen the strings enough so that the the trem ends up flat against the body.Take the trem cavity cover off the back of the guitar.You'll see the spring claw,the metal piece that the ends of the springs are hooked to that's screwed to the body.Turn those two screws down tighter.Make sure you have them tight enough so that when you tune the strings back up,the trem remains flush against the body,but not to tight so as not to able to push down the trem arm.Now if a string breaks or you want to tune some of them down,the tuning of the other strings won't be effected.Also,when you use the trem,it will have more tuning stability.If you don't care about using the trem,you can block it,which sort of turns it into a hardtail.Easy to do.Here's how.

http://www.guitarrepairshop.com/repairtremeloblock.html

Comment

thanks alot. seriously awesome

Comment

Working...
      X