Deluxe 6G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey txstrat

Beautiful sounds. How intense is the intense trem? (And can I ask what it is like with vols dimed?)
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

That sounds really nice! I'd really like to hear more of the trem too...

Makes me want to get my build going...just started drilling the chassis today. Still gotta get some of the parts together though.
      In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

Here's some trem tones I recorded today. Strat neck and middle
        vol:2 - tone:7-8 speed:3 - intensity:full

You can hear the speed change after the first licks. I turned speed all the way down and then up to 6. At last I turned the intensity pot down to 6.

Hope you enjoy

Matt
        Attached Files

Comment

cm9

I still have to order some parts too. Can hardly wait.
          Think I'm gonna take it to the next rehearsal as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by txstrat View Post
            Think I'm gonna take it to the next rehearsal as it is now.
            Sounds awesome, you might as well! The trem is nice. Gotta have at least one amp with trem, you know

If you've got it working, then you have the most expensive parts. Gotta save up the cash for the trannys Been thinking about checking some local electronic salvage places around town.
            In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

(Almost) finished. Haven't tolexed the back panels, yet.
              The grille cloth is not as straight as I wished it would be and the chassis face is slightly too high (width to height ratio is not accurate) but I can live with the result very well.
              Oh, and I decided to go for rubber feet.
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks nice txstrat. (a lot tidier than I can manage)
                Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

I'd say it just looks different, due to other materials.
                  From the pics I have to say your builds are great handmade pieces of work.

Comment

I've played the amp in a couple rehearsals now and must say it's better than I thought it would be. Loud enough even with a straight drummer.
                    Just out of curiosity - in the original schematic the bias voltage is noted as -26v.
                    With -29v the plates idle at 43ma (1ohm resistor method). I would think that's way too much. Funny thing is, the tubes don't redplate, the transformers and the overall amp don't get too hot and it sounds great (see sound files below).
                    What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by txstrat View Post
                      With -29v the plates idle at 43ma (1ohm resistor method). I would think that's way too much. Funny thing is, the tubes don't redplate, the transformers and the overall amp don't get too hot and it sounds great (see sound files below).
                      What do you guys think?
                      If you measured it correctly, that all depends on your actual plate voltage...
                      If it was only +320vdc to 340vdc then I'd say you're hot but probably OK with decent tubes and decent cabinet (PA) venting.
                      Bruce

Mission Amps
                      Denver, CO. 80022
                      www.missionamps.com
                      303-955-2412

Comment

Well, I used replacement parts with original specs only. That's why I expected the voltages to be like (or close) in the schematic (the plates are stated at 365v).
                        My plate voltages with power tubes pulled are 432v. Then there would be the voltage drop of the JJ GZ34
                        The tubes are JJ 6v6s (matched pair: IP@44 and GM@4) and the cabinet has an open back (just like the genuine one).
                        Any recommendations?
                        Last edited by txstrat; 01-25-2009, 07:59 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

Working...
                        X