Frequencies from electronics..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequencies from electronics..

I want to try to make a formula to show the response from passive electronics. Have anyone here done it?? I want ONE formula so I can change highpass filter, settings of volume, cables, resistance in amp, tonecontroll... Put it in excel and get fine curves.
    Can we make this or do we have to have the pickup with in the formula?

Originally posted by SteikBacon View Post
    I want to try to make a formula to show the response from passive electronics. Have anyone here done it?? I want ONE formula so I can change highpass filter, settings of volume, cables, resistance in amp, tonecontroll... Put it in excel and get fine curves.
    You might find this useful, at least as a starting point.

http://terrydownsmusic.com/technotes...itarcables.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SteikBacon View Post
      I think there are too many variables. How long is the cable? What is the cable's capacitance per foot? The higher the impedance of the pickup, the more of an effect the passive electronics has, even the tone cap.

You can come up with a formula for one set of parameters, but it probably wont match a real world situation.

The passive components would be a low pass filter.

SkinnyWire's link would do it.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

the link were a starting point. But I seen this before. And the drawing is same that I got here, except for the numbers. I would like the one formula, that this guy probably used, to put all the numbers into. I donīt think it needs to be finetuned to exact right inductance, capasitance .. which we donīt get anyway. Just enough to get a clue to what we can expect, and see what we think our ears hear.

I work on the formula, but there are many variables that I need to get right. Maybe I need to dig deeper into the books.... that are in very technical english and I`m norwegian..

...going like this

Comment

Working...
        X