Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(UK based question) What glue for tolex/ tweed etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (UK based question) What glue for tolex/ tweed etc?

hi- Ive done a few cabs now with spray adhesive: good (some makes are shoddy quality tho) but.. A) it gets everywhere, & B) expensive at £3.75 a pop/ per small cab.

So what I want is a tub- big so it'll work out cheaper in end- of v good stuff to PAINT on. Can anyone tell me what it is? where on earth to find such stuff here in UK? (stickiest/ best poss bonding) b&q have evo types "contact cements" but I managed a few 2" tolex tests on pine for each type they had & ALL completely useless- tolex hardly bonds at all/ just peels off unlike the spray which does, generally produce a good tight bond.

thanks capt

I use glue in a 4 liter jug by the trade-name of "Flexweld" here in Canada. It's exactly what the different suppliers in the US advertise as amp glue.

Comment

I worked for a company called Burman up in Newcastle for about 8 years back in the 80's and we used contact adhesive, applied to cabinet and vynide/tolex...just allow it to dry properly first...of course back then it was spirit based not water based thixotropic rubbish...but the real deal...so high as a kite all day at work
      I used to build the amps but would occasionaly help out building/covering the cabs...I always wondered why Gary was spaced out

Comment

Working...
      X