Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brass Ground plate for Deluxe Reverb - Dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Ground plate for Deluxe Reverb - Dimensions?

Anybody ever taken the time to measure the exact dimentions of a Brass Gounding Plate for Pre CBS Deluxe Reverb? Or the degree of bend?

I can get access to one, and could probably measure it fairly well without removing it. Just being lazy.

The reason is because I built a Mojo DR kit and after having finished other projects, decided to go back and use the Brass Plate like the original. Due to my quality of build, the amp sounds excellent without it, but I was considering it more for looks.

Or...to be really lazy, does anyone know where I can buy one pre-fabed? Sized, bent, without holes is OK too.

Thanks for the consideration.
    Mandopicker

Why not just make something that looks about the right size from a thin sheet of brass from a model shop or somewhere like that? (Probably cost you less than buying something prefabricated).
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Thought about that, but the size I need seems to be the issue.

Most material I have easy access to is a bit short - left to right - for a DR. The larger material costs me about $30, but far more than I need right now, and perhaps a bit more difficult for me to cut cleanly. With time and labor...might be a wash if I can find one for less than $30.

* I found DR faceplate with DR silkscreened for $55, so I'm thinking the brass plate should be less.

That said, nothing against saving a bunch of money if possible.

Thanks for offering ideas. I may go that route...perhaps using 2 pcs. of material if I run out of other more suitable options.
      Mandopicker

Comment

Say Mandopicker:
        Can you post some pictures of the brass grounding plate? I'm building a Mojo (Marsh) kit right now and I'm curious about that grounding method. Is there one grounding plate and does it mount under the front pots and inputs? Is there another grounding plate for the back panel of the amp?

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
          Say Mandopicker:
          Can you post some pictures of the brass grounding plate? I'm building a Mojo (Marsh) kit right now and I'm curious about that grounding method. Is there one grounding plate and does it mount under the front pots and inputs? Is there another grounding plate for the back panel of the amp?
          Is there a used metal place near you? With the price of gas nowadays it might be counter productive if one isn't close, but near where I live there is a place where you can buy used metal of all sorts. You pay by the pound. I've gotten shiny new stuff there for fabrication for pennies.

Comment

I have lots of metal where I work and lots of fancy equipment to put holes in it. I was actually thinking about making my own chassis some day. We have a water jet cutter and press brake too.

Comment

Working...
            X