Fender amps vs. mesa boogie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender amps vs. mesa boogie

Hi everyone, im new here, i play guitar for about 5 years, (yeah allot to learn), its time to change my amp, i had one that suited me to learn and now since i get to lay gigs and things i need a new one. i like blues rock tones from
    grant green to srv and john mayer's. i wondering what amp would be best, a hot rod delux or a mesa express 5:50.

i have a strat that im also going to change the pickups and i am wondering if the 69s arent too specific/

thank you very much, sorry i made this to long

I had and returned the mesa express 5:50. great clean and reverb, overdrive sucked. but i'm an EL34 guy.

are you a 6L6 guy or EL34 guy? most players fall into one of these categories.

rivera's are an awesome deal used. i have a rivera s120 stereo tube head i got for $850 and it sells for $2700 new. fender cleans and marshall overdrive tones. can't go wrong. another good option is the mesa stiletto series.
    Rivera S120, Marshall JMP-1, EL34 dual monobloc

Comment

hey finaly some answred, thanks allot!!!
      yeah its my first tube amp, and i am really a 6L6 guy, more of a clean blues tone. i like low output pickups, to get the max of a clean so then i can give that sound a very very light distortion, as if its not there almost. never tryed those amps you suggested, but can you tell me more about the mesa?
      thanks allot man

Comment

http://forum.grailtone.com

i have over 3000 posts on there.

check out the lonestar as well, best clean amp they sell.
        Rivera S120, Marshall JMP-1, EL34 dual monobloc

Comment

thanks man this site is awsome

Comment

Guys you like

Based on the guys you like...it sounds like you should have a Fender 6L6 amp..Are you gonna build one? Have one built? Buy one off the shelf?...just reseaching?

Comment

i think in buying one off the store, i know fender has an amazing sound, but the mesa realy raly atracts me cause of size, and its easier to carry + its got like two chanels and the wholl 5 to 50 watt configuration, and its more of a butique amp.
              tanks for you reply anyway

Comment

Working...
              X