Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp to tour Europe

Hey all,
    thought I'd post for some advice on some options for a great tube amp for tour in Europe. I have some favorites that I'll list here in order of importance, but I definitely want at least 60watts. Hopefully seeing what amps I like you can offer some advice on what to ask for on the tour. Also players I'd say I model my sound after are (I know... they're quite different ) Robben Ford, Warren Haynes.

Fender 5E3
    Vox AC30
    Sunn heads
    Vibro King
    Dumble OD Special

thanks!

i believe mesa makes export models to handle the higher voltages in Europe...

tried a Lonestar?
    Rivera S120, Marshall JMP-1, EL34 dual monobloc

Comment

never tried lonestar... however not a fan of Son of Boogie or some of the Mark "" amps. They mostly sound starved in the lows to me. My main concern is availability over there. I have someone searching over there for me now... looking for a Marshall Super Bass, Fender Showman, and last resort is blackface twin reverb. what does a lonestar sound like?

Comment

the new Mark V is out. the mark series have a GEQ, they're very tight for sick riffing like Metallica, lamb of god or dream theater.

stiletto and LS demo:
        http://mesaboogie.com/gallery_artist...immons-hi.html

marshall super bass is what adam jones used on undertow.
        Rivera S120, Marshall JMP-1, EL34 dual monobloc

Comment

Take the one that has a 220 volt switch, rather than relying on external step-up transformers that are usually underrated (when it comes to voltage) and unstable. Maybe the people organizing your tour will supply you with nice ones, but the ones organizing the equipment for our did not. Somewhere in Spain one of our broke, and we had to run all the gear from one. Luckily for us, I realized my Marshall had a voltage switch on the back. If none of your amps have an input voltage switch, take the most reliable amp. If you thought finding an amp tech in North Dakota was hard, try Portugal. Good luck, and don't rip off your finger while loading in the bass stack. True story - happened to me.

Comment

Working...
          X