Effects Loop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects Loop ?

Does something always have to be plugged in to the amps input when turned on or can I just use the amps effect loop instead?
    Not sure if I would damage the amp if its not getting a signal in the input when turned on. I have a keyboard that sound really nice just plugged into the effects loop instead of the main amp input is why I'm asking.. Thanks

Hi,

Plugging a different preamp right in the return of the fx loop to use only the power amp is a common practice, so I think your amplifier wouldn't complain at all. In a typical circuit the main input jack will be shunted to ground when there's nothing plugged in, therefore it will be kinda operating at "zero gain". I think you'll be safe. Just my 2 cents.

By the way, which amp model is yours?

Comment

Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20th Anniversary, very clean amp. I took the amp out and put it in a avatar classic 1x12 cab. Biggest 1x12 cab I have seen and it is hugh sound.

Thanks you so much.. That is a relief..
      As I was going to take this a step further, I have a 6 channel mixer that has a send and return on it to. Now I can use the send and return on the mixer to the send and return on the amp? This way I can use my Maudio Sono, keyboard , guitar pocketpod and electric violin through the mixer. Instead of constent pluging and unpluging them.

Was kinda funny in away.. As I was trying to experment with it all.. One of my AT tubes popped. Took my breath away, so I backed off. But I think it was just time for the tube to go. Anyway.. Thank Very Much.. going to set er up now..

Comment

Yea, that should work fine. Just connect the mixer output to the effects loop return.

You don't need to connect the effects loop send at all, but if you connect it to a mixer input, then you can use the H&K preamp along with your other stuff.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
        X