No announcement yet.

Crate Vintage Club 50 - 1x12 vs 2x12's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Vintage Club 50 - 1x12 vs 2x12's?

I'm looking into getting one of these amps, because I've heard some good things about them. But I'm running into an inconsistency. Seems like everyone refers to version of the VC50 with 2x12" speakers. The one I have been looking into is only 1x12". Is there much of a difference? Did Crate actually make a 1x12" VC50, or is this some sort of hack job?

Below is some info the guy gave me on it:
    --------------------------------
    The amp is 50 watts RMS, all tube technology, piped threw a clean and mint conditino 12 inch speaker. It has 8 tubes, all in good shape.

Features:
    2 channels: One clean (great blues sound) and One dirty (with gain controls)
    Comes with equalization for each channel and reverb for each channel.
    --------------------------------

Thanks in advance! BTW, this is my first post, so hello to all!

-m.a

Same

The 2x12 will have more headroom.

JJ

Comment

research it

Welcome to th forum. I have a vc50 2x12 and it is a decent amp. I have seen 3x10 and 1x15 but not 1x12. That doesnt mean they didnt make it. They made a V50 in 1x12 but that is a different amp. My advice would be do some researching. harmony central, ebay, here ,other forums or best yet check it out in person if that is an option. If not request some pictures from the seller to see if it is 'hacked'. Mine would be considered to loud where it sounds best so maybe the seller found his best useable sound with a single replacement 12, would this be hacked or a minor mod? Let your ears be the judge. You have good judgement you started asking questions in a good place.

Comment

Working...
      X