ART attack module T-12 amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ART attack module T-12 amp

has anyone heard these amp there from the 90's I can get one cheap, wondering if anyone here has knowledge/experience with them. thanks Jay

ART Amp

Yes I have one! And its AWESOME! Its the perfect "session" amp, its quiet, loaded with effects...I love mine! You have remember what it was built for. It wasn't designed to get on stage and "scream"...although it can! I love mine.

Comment

Old thread, but I had one of these. Kenny is right- decent amp, for what it is.

Plusses:
      Light-weight- poly-carbonate cab and smallish speakers/transformers get you there.
      Portable- one box.
      Utility- on-board effects and tilt-back cab (but only one angle.)
      Connectability- speaker outs and line-level outs, both in stereo, effects loop.

Minuses:
      Wildly optimistic power rating- ART rated it at 100 watts, at something stupid like 2 ohms- and then put (as I recall) 8 ohm speakers in it- so what you REALLY got was a 25-watt amp.
      Tube wannabe- a single 12AX7 in the pre-amp stage is not gonna get you all-tube saturation or tone. Really, they probably should have not gone to the trouble, for all the "effect" it had on the tone.
      Cheaply made- pots have too much plastic in them- cleaning them can make the amp sound WORSE. When I cleaned mine, it introduced a loud whine when the gain pot was at certain settings- I could never make it go away, and opening the thing up to clean the pots was not easy.

I enjoyed mine, except for the whine. But, compared to all-tube amps, or even hybrids with power tubes, it had poor tone. I sold it for more than I paid, but I don't really miss it.

Comment

Working...
      X