NEED Sag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED Sag

Anybody name some low power amps(under 12 watts) with really noticeable sag ? It can be name brand or off lable.

I want heavy sag

Anybody know of any low power amps(5-15 watts) that have a really noticeable sag?:
    Last edited by rouss; 03-18-2010, 09:17 PM. Reason: misspelled

Comment

A big fat resistor inline with your B+ has plenty of sag, assuming your power amp isn't operating solely in Class A.

4x 6BM8 in push pull, with a 6X4 rectifier running at about 250V B+ should provide PLENTY of sag and put out ~15W.

Comment

6BM8

Wow, each one has a triode too! Imagine - all you would need is two of these for a 7 watt push pull amp with two preamp stages!

Could you run the preamp stages in the triode portion and the pentode for the power amp in the same envelope without crosstalk or other instabilities?

Comment

My wife has considerable sag, but I am not sure what brand she is. I am not sure what model she is either, but then I don't think she is a model at all.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            My wife has considerable sag..
            You are a bad, bad man...

.. but funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Groover View Post
              Could you run the preamp stages in the triode portion and the pentode for the power amp in the same envelope without crosstalk or other instabilities?
              I wouldn't. Even using a pair with the triodes as a long-tail pair PI can get touchy if you're not careful with your lead dress and component placement.
              First one I built was fine, then I built the same again and even with the original valves it squealed until I put a low-pF cap across the PI outputs.

Here is a good sounding 7W amp using 6BM8 - http://www.el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=562.0 (requires JSchem to open files)

Comment

Oof! I nearly spit soda all over my monitor.....
                The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
                X