KLD valve amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLD valve amps

Does anyone know anything about these tube amps?

GT5HR, 5w Class A tube guitar amplifier Head with spring reverb

I've been searching around for a 5 watt or so valve amp and came across this but can't find any information/reviews of them.

the guy designing those amps comes on here asking alot of questions which annoys people as he seems to want other people to design his amps for his commercial purpose. no idea what the amps are like.

Comment

That factory will put your own brand on those amps.
      They are sold here in New Zealand as Langcaster with goofy blue LED badges.
      (Check out the International distributors on their website)
      I have not had one in for repair yet but they don't seem to be highly regarded down here.
      Last edited by unparalleled; 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I bought 1 on a whim, even though at 5 Watts, I was not expecting the same output as what I enjoy with an E-wave 15 Watt head. Both came from same E-store music equipment seller, & I always prefer a Reverb included option over a standard configured setup. The KLD does have a good stock sound, but a 6L6 tube almost breaks loose, but not enough for some grunt - so I tried a Yellow jacket converter with an EL84, & it makes a difference!! With the 5/3 watt switch for power, it will really sustain & wail now!! The interior components are very tightly packed into the small Lunch Box cabinet, & with mine, the 6L6 tube was actually making contact with the Reverb spring box!! The reverb is another problem because it is HYPER!! Anything dialed in above turning it up past 3% gain, gets to be way too much. It's got enough reverb for 5 more Amps!! I know it's a Hybred, so an over sensative reverb may be in a ciruit setting, but I'm going to try an alternate tube swap of an 12AY7 pre amp over the stock 12AX7, to see if it tones it down. But, to it's credit, on a sliding scale I would rank it higher than the VHT Special 6, due to the extra Gain knob, which lets you pre set more power out sound, versis the 2 knobs only of the VHT.
        Last edited by tubemeupscotty; 07-09-2011, 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Commie pinko bastard that takes and gives nothing back.

Like Black Labb sez, he knows nothing about amps or anything electronic. Please, PLEASE IGNORE HIM, AND DON'T BUY HIS GEAR!!!!
          Stop by my web page!

Comment

You can look up his threads and see the nature of his interactions here. Use the search functions. His SN is kldguitar.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
            X