Bogen G50 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogen G50 schematic

I just picked up one of these 50W Bogen G50 amps on ebay. was thinking of some mods or gutting it to build a bass head out of. P/P 807s but was thinking of installing new sockets and wiring it for 6L6s when the 807s go. any thoughts of if someone has a schematic or know where one is that would be great.

This one?

I was considering that amp, but when I did the due diligence prior to bidding, I couldn't find a schematic anywhere. I had considered that if I were to buy it, I would have to trace out the schematic myself.

One reason that I passed on bidding is because the amp uses 807. Its not that 807 are bad, but the voltages are likely to be on the high side. But then you probably already know that.

Congrats on the new project. Have fun!
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I did manage to find the schematics but unfortnately they come on a collection cd with a bunch of other schematics for 79 dollars. I think my time tracing and drawing the schematics myself is a better bargain then that

Comment

yeah -- it always amazes me that people want more for a schematic than the value of the gear itself. that's a really bad marketing strategy!

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I found a more economical solution at justradios.com , they offer a service for about 6 dollars US (including shipping) and seem to have a pretty nice list of vintage electronics schematics. The list isn't very guitar amp heavey but I did notice that they have alamo, silvertone and some valco stuff they had quite a number of PA amps and stuff like that. On there website they have a list of the brands that they have schematics for and you must send them an email to inquire about specifics models. They seem to respond quickly and they have found the one I need. I will try to report back if the quality is worth the 6 dollars forfieted (in my case it doesn't matter as much because anything will be better then spending hours trying to jot down schematics for an amp with such a tube compliment).
          Last edited by drlowlow; 02-05-2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Check this out! Looks like just what you need at a reasonable price. Original photofact service info, not a copy.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/DAVID-BOGEN-G-50...QQcmdZViewItem
            Regards,
            Tom
            Last edited by Tom Phillips; 02-05-2007, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Most definitely go for the original photofact if its not too late.

I always seem to notice that photofacts for odd amps tend to show up right after the amp sells on eBay. Somebody's got this eBay thing down to a precise science.

Comment

Has anyone asked Bogen for drawings? Are they not still around?
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I checked out the Bogen Comunications website and looked through their support section and about section. I can't determine if it is the same company or not. They had some manuals for their relatively new solid state PA amplifiers but nothing older then 90's and definately nothing with tubes.

Comment

I think that's a general truth -- its pretty hard to find schems today, as most companies seem to view their current circuit diagrams as proprietary information and don't want anyone out of their service centers to have access to them. Many of them only tend to let schems loose once the model is out of production. Unfortunately, when a model gets really old, the schems seem to get lost.

that photofact is such a screaming good deal in terms of time vs. money that I would jump on it.

Comment

yes the photo fact is certainly bought. I had already purchased the schematic when that was brought to light but the layout diagram I think is worth the little bit extra. I am a bit anxious to see what the schematic looks like sounds like it has two rectifier tubes, possibly for seperate power for pre-amp and power amp I am thinking. cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X