Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know anything about ...

... this cabinet that I have?

Not sure if I'm in the right forum, but I thought someone in here might know something.

It's a Yamaha J 140s 4 x 12 guitar cab. At least I believe it's a guitar cab, although that's only because of the 12" speaker thing.

It's rated 240 watts at 8 ohms.

When were these made. What was their reputation? What kinds of speakers did they use?

I can't get the back off the cab, so I can't tell what the speakers are.

Anyone know anything about these cabs?

They look old.

dave

typical clean sounding cab that went with probably a 50 or 100 watt head (I had an earlier 100w4x12 combo).
    Made in the late 70's early eighties.

Comment

If the back of the cab doesnt come off,the baffle board should be able to open up- those speakers got in there somehow,and it looks like they are rear mounted.Good chance the speakers could be Eminence,they seem to make speakers for everybody,but being from Japan,who knows.I would also agree with Drewl on the date,from the looks of it.Cant see any screws in the baffle,but if there are screws in the side of the cab removing them will likely free the baffle board or the back panel.

Comment

Do a search for Yamaha G100 or any G- series....a bunch of results came up.

I remember the speakers in mine having "Nippon Gaki" co. on the back with a little frequency response chart.

Bought mine new for about $500 in 1979....how stupid was I? I coulda' bought something good!
        luckily I sold it to a keyboard player in the mid 80's and got a few hundred for it!

Comment

Working...
        X