Power Transistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Transistors

Is their a suitable sub for Marshall g100rcd T64 and T65 power Transistors?..Mousers don't have.
    Last edited by streamz1; 10-12-2010, 07:06 PM.
    Thanks,
    Streamz1

Why don't you post the actual part numbers, so that those of us who don't have the schematic handy can help you?

Probably TIP-something or other.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Part #

No actual part # other than T64, T65 on schem.
      Attached Files
      Thanks,
      Streamz1

Comment

Use the TIP142/TIP147 pair. Marshall even does that.

Steve, T64, T65 is the only number I've ever had for them. DOn;t recall who manufactured them.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

On some old schematics they were labelled BDV64/65, later became T64/65. Same part. The earlier ones even used the so called "TO3 Plastic" case, with the top rounded, to be able to use regular TO3 micas and replace them on old heatsinks.
          It's basically a TIP142/147 with slightly higher current capacity; and all other parameters, including voltage, current and gain, match.
          As suggested, a TIP142/147 does the job.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

The BDV64/65 transistors are still available at American Microsemiconductor. $3.90 for one, $6.90 for the other. Recently fixed a Valvestate 100 that uses these.

Comment

Working...
            X