Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiwatt DR 103 custom 100 watt + SE 4132

Hi,
    I was looking for feedback (as I am not super informed about Hiwatt amps) as to what a reasonable price to sell the afore mentioned half-stack for?

Amp was bought 4 years ago from ebay...then, after purchase, had the capacitor replaced and a thorough inspection of the tubes/wiring.

cosmetically it is in perfect condition. and sounds great

any help is much appreciated!

If it's one of the Hiwatts from the 70's, you "can" get pretty good bucks for them. Their speaker cabs were some of the best 4x12 cabs ever made. The amps were also some of the best built as well (as far as workmanship). Then there's the superb Partridge transformers (again, during the 70's production runs).......the one factor that is [sometimes] working against you, is that they don't "break-up" enough for many players.......just last week I saw one for sale, asking $2,500 (w/ 1-cab).
    Mac/Amps
    "preserving the classics"
    Chicago, Il., USA
    (773) 283-1217
    (cell) (847) 772-2979
    Now back on Chicago's NW side in Jefferson Park!
    www.mac4amps.com

Comment

+1
      It depends on a few things. The actual vintage of the amp, if it's the right vintage then does it have the original transformers and if the cab has the original Fanes in good working condition.

If it's a later 80's model then I would just go on Ebay and see what they go for in the condition your amp is in.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

The late 80's Hiwatts are NOTHING like their 70's predecessors. Cheesy P.C. boards, a lot of bad soldering.....they DO have more gain to them for more break-up, but the workmanship (or lack thereof) doesn't compare to the "real" Hiwatts.
        Mac/Amps
        "preserving the classics"
        Chicago, Il., USA
        (773) 283-1217
        (cell) (847) 772-2979
        Now back on Chicago's NW side in Jefferson Park!
        www.mac4amps.com

Comment

Working...
        X