Rivera Chubster 40 inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivera Chubster 40 inputs

Hey there, I have a Rivera Chubster 40 with a high gain and a low gain input. These are not separate channel inputs for Ch.1 and Ch.2 it came with a midi looking footswitch for selecting channels. I want to be able to run a signal path through certain pedals and into a dirty channel and also run a path for the clean channel. Right now I have to switch my amp to my clean channel with the amp's footswitch and then turn off my TS9 so that I can get clean. I called Rivera and the person I spoke with told me that I couldn’t plug one path into the low gain and one into the high to accomplish what I want because they blend and sound "real funny". Is there anything I can do to get around this? I thought about having the amp moded to install a separate channel input or maybe there is a midi type router that the amp's footswitch can plug into where it then can be split off to individual signal paths on my pedal board. I would love to be able to just hit a switch for dirty with my TS9 always on and when I want clean hit the other button and run a path through a compressor and into the amp. ANY Suggestions?

Thanks,
    M-tiva

Hi,

The Rivera channel switching is not midi although the connector is similar. You can do this sort of one button automation a number of ways. The most flexible would be a midi controlled switch and midi foot controller. If all you want to do is switch in and out a fixed set of effect with each channel that is probably overkill. Interestingly Rivera used to make a midi interface for these amps, but I don't think it is still available Voodoo Lab makes a midi switch that will control the amp channel switching and I have seen others. You would also haved to have a couple of channels of switching to switch your effects. However, from your what I take of your description something like the Radial Loopbone might be a better solution and is going to be less expensive than a midi solution. My personal solution to the problem you described is midi based, but it was an expensive way to get there. I think you could also build a simple switching system using a dpdt and a couple of relays. However you approach this, your likely going to have to build the cable that goes to the Rivera remote control input.

Comment

Working...
    X