Crate td70 footswitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate td70 footswitch?

I have recently acquired the beastly crate td70 to give me a tube tone without paying an arm and a leg. Anyways, in 2 weeks, I have a gig... And I am going to need a footswitch so I can switch between Mesa boogie crushing tone to the fender-esque clean channel. This amp has two channels and a bright switch for the clean channel. How would I go about wiring a footswitch for this amp? I do have the schematic emailed to me from crate though for reference.

Look at the schematic. The footswitch circuits are bottom center on the preamp page. The ring contact controls signal C, which if you look is the reverb killer Q4 control. The tip contact controls signals A and B, which are the channel switching, controlling a number iof JFETs around the circuit.

SO any basic two-button stomp switch works here. Common is ground, and tip and ring get switched to ground or not.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

So would two spdt switches work or would I need a dpdt switch for the channel switching?

Comment

Two SPST is all you need. The two functions are controlled by grounding the tip or ring contact of the footswitch jack - on/off.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X