Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guild G-600 Aspen - How do I get the Chassis out of the Cab for service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild G-600 Aspen - How do I get the Chassis out of the Cab for service?

I have a '93 Guild G-600 Aspen Elect/Acoustic SS Amp (Randall made them), which has suddenly fallen silent. Got the grill off, but damned if I can figure out how to get the chassis out of the cabinet. There are four cover "plugs" on the top of the cab, looks like plastic, that match the oak cab. But no matter what I try I can't get those plugs off, IF the chassis bolts are under them, without destroying them. (there are no parts available for these amps, since Fender now owns Guild and doesn't give a damn about "old models")

Appreciate any help on this. (see pics attached)

Click image for larger version

Name:	guild ss aspen front sml.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	863299Click image for larger version

Name:	guild_m-600_top.jpg
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	863300Click image for larger version

Name:	guild_screw cover1.jpg
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	863301

never seen one, but those plugs look a strong possibility. I would take a protective sheet of aluminium or something, place it next to the plug, take a sharp bendy knife and try to get the blade to grip the side of the plug, make sure the tip is on the protective sheet and try levering.

If the covers will come off the handle try undoing the screws underneath - some SS amps use the handle screws as chassis bolts. But those four plugs, I don't know what else they're for if they're not covering chassis bolts.

Comment

Working...
    X