Cesar Diaz amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cesar Diaz amps

I just read a great interview by Tone Quest where they were interviewing Cesar Diaz. It must have been before 2002, which is when he died. In the article he mentions the amps that he has started building. And then of course he dies. I googled his name yesterday, and his amps are back in production, listed as Diaz Amplification, and being hand built be Peter McMahon. Does anyone know anything about these amps? What they sound like? The current builder is using the schematic designed by Cesar (as he told me in the email that he sent me), and one of Diaz's family member's is involved somehow as his nmae appears on the web site.
    Thanks

I just read a great interview by Tone Quest where they were interviewing Cesar Diaz.
    Well, don't keep it just for yourself, post some link
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

here you go... Diaz Musical Products - Home
      HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

Thanks, but I wanted to hear the man himself, in
        great interview by Tone Quest where they were interviewing Cesar Diaz.
        rather than ad copy about the amp reissues.
        *Maybe* it's there and I just couln't find it.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

It's here The ToneQuest Report

Comment

Thanks a lot
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

ooops! Sorry. Very tardy of me. I'm not sure how I missed that. My bad.

Comment

I've read that before. Must have been hard to be the sound architect behind some big names, when I imagine all he really wanted was to be known for his playing--heck don't we all experience that to some degree? I got into this because first and foremost I wanted to be a guitar player. I still do it for fun, but I know now I'm never gonna play at the level of the name guys. He seems a bit bitter about some of his experiences in the biz, and maybe rightfully so, it can be a brutal place. Having said that, he seems like someone I would have enjoyed hanging out with, and I dig his practical approach to electronics. I've seen some video footage of him rewinding pickups and such that is really cool.
                Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Working...
                X