X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slobrain View Post
    For the sake of curiosity, I searched at youtube:
    IMMORTAL - ONE BY ONE (LIVE AT HELLFEST 19/6/10) - YouTube

Wow, Hellfest 2010...Really... What is going on with the youth today? Being a believer in Christ I really hate when I see stuff like that. My 13 yr old daughter tries to listen to bands like Slipknot and other death metal bands on Youtube and I had to take Youtube off her pc. She figured a way around that and got another browser installed so she could listen to horrible bands like these. I had to have a long talk with her about how these bands promote violence, bad morals and a bad mentality. There is an old saying, (If you dance with the Devil he doesn’t change, he changes you)!

I have to speak up and say that these kinds of bands give rock music a bad name in the same way Rap that speaks violence and filthy language is bad too. We wonder why society has gotten so bad but when you see bands like this I can see why. That and violent video games.

A while back they had a show on TV showing youth that listened to death metal and how (some) kids take it to the extreme and go out and viciously kill people. Devil corrupts it many ways. This is one. Nothing worse than a life destroyed. The prison system is filled with kids that started out good but somewhere along the lines something corrupted their minds. Death metal and Rap are ways to do this.
    I know someone will chime in and say it’s the parents that need to make sure that does not happen, yes that is true but it’s also hard when you have both parents working day and night trying to make ends meet and also raise kids the way they were once raised in the old days, pre 60’s.

The idea of Women’s lib killed off the family values by having women going to work. But the real reason for women’s lib was greed by the groups that pushed that BS on women back in the late 60’s and into the 70’s , a slow degrade of family values and morality.

Sorry but That Hellfest thing got me started.

Slo
    ---
    I agree with you one this.. We only want the best for our Generation.. I don't like much of the stuff today for the same reasons, BUT this is were I tell others I like the MUSIC they make but NOT the lyrics.
    I have found many songs that I just think the music is great but after they add the rebellious, cultist, lyrics to it, for what they stand for.. it is bad bad for the young viewers.
    We seem to live in a time that either they young ones feel we are old and stupid to whats cool and the in thing, but it is the element they are supporting that spreads like wildfire amongst they youth.
    It is a fine line for us to maintain, but in the end they will have to take responsibility for there own actions. Maybe then they will see the wrong and the unnecessary things they did.. I don't' need ink and metal piercing to be cool.. you are defined by your own actions and personality.. Folks that are in to the trend stuff just reminds me a selling themselves off, and for what?
    Should I look like this, Would i be cool?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	m219802828.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	823290

I don't think so.. I'd rather buy something then exploit my body to that extreme..
    I have a few tat's but is is things I can live with that don't mark me as anything specific. For the most part when most see it they ask and can't really make out right off what it say's...
    My kids have no desire to get such done..
    Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Bugera 333XL 212 Combo 2009 Factory Mod KT-77"'s JJ ECC83S
    Roland Cube 20
    Schecter BlackJack SLS C1 SD Blackouts
    Martin DX1AE Acoustic
    Bad Monkey OD
    Line 6 M9 Stompbox
    Behringer EQ700
    Live Wire Cables

Comment

Instead of making things exciting by blocking websites (YT has sooo much good content for all kinds of people), try putting it into perspective. Young people are MUCH easier to talk to, if you start out from their perspective. They're curious, want to try out lots of "hats" to see which one fits best. For some, the "death metal-hat" gets worn for a period of time, to see how it fits. Not trying it on will only do one thing; it will not let the person realize that the hat doesn't fit.

Information is king. To block it, is to be walking backwards. Your ideas and values can only be enforced in someone else's mind, if they're put into competition with other ideas. You'll never know who is the greatest boxer, if the two leading candidates have never met in the ring.

Because punishing a child (blocking websites, and what's worse) is never the answer. That'll only make the stuff you block their friend, and you their opponent. And that will indeed ruin a family. A kid showing interest is a precious thing that you should embrace, whatever the subject is. A parent should help the child find balance on their bike, not micro manage where they ride on it. Hopefully you get my point. I listened to a lot of heavy metal, death metal, and so on when I was a kid. I still like it for what it is, but since I discovered "real rock" and blues as a teenager, I've been enjoying records and shows with my old man, who, I discovered, has an awesome taste in music. I only realized that, by head-on comparison.

Comment

PS: Deluxe Reverbs are awesome. If you only need one channel, check out the Dumble-schematics, and add an overdrive channel to the verb-channel with a spare tube. It's an awesome combo!

Comment

Not saying "Hail Satan" here or anything BUT... Maybe you should listen to what the bands your daughter is listening to are really saying. Yes, there are alot of terrible bands that give heavy music a bad name, but there are many good ones. I have played hundreds of shows in a metal band and we have played with a LOT of christian bands that were SUPER heavy music. Dont judge a book by its cover...

Anywho, I have heard the Fender 30 amps are pretty cool (If you can find one).
          Happiness. Only real when shared.

Comment

If you can find one, try the Rivera Era Fender Concert. 1X12 with about 40watts.

Here's an example:

Fender / Rivera Concert II 1x12 Combo w/Reverb | eBay
            "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
            - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
            X