Peavey Windsor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Windsor help

I have a Peavey Windsor. Turned it on the other day and the jewel light immediately went off and I lost all sound. My output tubes are heating up fine. I think I can see a faint glow in preamp tubes but not for sure. I am wondering of the 6.3v tap on xfmr went out? The jewel bulb is an on board LED so I cants just swap out the bulbs. Any ideas guys. Oh, I plugged guitar directly to fx return and got sound. Not to incredibly loud but got sound. Thanks for advice.

Originally posted by RDK View Post
    I have a Peavey Windsor. Turned it on the other day and the jewel light immediately went off and I lost all sound. My output tubes are heating up fine. I think I can see a faint glow in preamp tubes but not for sure. I am wondering of the 6.3v tap on xfmr went out?
    I think that there are internal fuses on the pc board that you need to check.

Comment

Found an ONBOARD fuse that was blown. Don't know why I wouldn't have looked for that first. Thanks for your help. I'm curious though. How can I go about ordering oNBOARD fuses? Basically just a regular fuse but has to leads on either end that get soldered direct.

Comment

Peavey parts would have the exact thing.

Fuses with wire leads attached are often known as "pigtail" fuses.

If you search Mouser or someone for fuses in your value, look at the search filter criteria for pigtail or simply wire lead or axial lead.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X