Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Closing a show for Dick Dale this Friday and have a question about new 6L6s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one of my favorite celeb meets was Rick Emmett. At Banannas at large in Ca. There were only a couple of guys in the store and he was just hangin' out like any other goofball. Super nice guy. The kind of guy that might get stuck holding a door at a resturant because no one else takes it from him.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hah! one of my favorite gags. When I go to a restaurant, and it is one of them where the kid at hostess stand opens the doors for you, I always reach in my pocket and grab a dime or quarter and hand it to them. "Always tip the doorman." They usually look baffled. Cheap fun for a quarter.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

No problems with the amp during the set. I'm still running it on the same winged-c weeks after the gig also. The tubes are almost flat though. There's a little extra flub in the bass and I'm loosing that viagara-like virility of a newer set of tubes.

I don't like to play tubes until absolute death like many people, who are probably unaware of their impending death. As soon as the distortion gets a little funky and rebiasing doesn't help I replace the tubes.

I almost wonder if something else is at play with the distortion I'm hearing. Possibly leaky coupling caps? I haven't replaced any of the old blue tubular caps in this amp. Not that I'd want to.

Sigh... I just have too many projects these days. No time to look into these things at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X