Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinese_5F1_kit_mod_concerns

1. Need help for the following concerns:
    2. Pt windings label is obscurred. So i id'd all the windings. But nowhere are windings current ceilings disclosed. The chinese seller said they don't know. My intentions are to rectify by semiconductor, freeing the 5y3gt octal for the 2nd 6v6 and upgrading 5f1 circuitry to accomodate duet 6v6 cathode biased. Once succeeded, desire is se el34, se 6l6, cathode biased, and switchable (two octals but only single on service)
    3. Mv has been criticized over the original 220k 6v6 grid tiedown. The specific criticism applied to the unappreciative sound w/ this 250k log pot throttled open past 50%. I don't know whether posters on this matter had "other" unknown deleterious circuit influence(s) while blaming the mv. I know that adding an mv will birdnest more antennae wiring in that cramped chromed heavyduty gauged chassis - scope shows crosstalk so crosstalk (parasytic resonance) abatement must also be addressed. Another poster's criticism was mv wiper contact "burn through". But this occurs in all other amps esp driving sassy brit signatures (clipped) and repair is expected sooner (than sine). I am concerned whether excessive, or possibly insufficient, drive energy into the 6v6 grid results w/ the mv installed. You must consider why 5f1 original designers did not incorp mv
    4. Omission of the bezel jewel htr's panel lite freed up chassis penetration for dptt (330ht-none-300ht) switchable ht ac windings to 5y3gt. My concerns are whether once rectified, ht dc will be excessive or insufficient. Fender's legacy 5f1 says 340dc 5y3gt output. The tubes furnished all say shushuang factory and beta problems (factory production) must have been resolved by now. Strange, the ecc83 is labeled 12ax7b, not 12ax7wb as historically familiar with.
    5. Omission (fusing relocated internally) of the fuseholder freed chassis penetration for dpdt installation to toggle both line and neutral simultaneously into pt primary windings. Concern is the inductance reactance experienced w/in the pt itself. Is a snubber cap (332cap on both line/neutral, to earth) justified here to absorb the transient flyback? I vaguely recall an arrestor circuit which would intercept the transient energy and consume it. But i believe it had a diode in it - the internet does not have any information of it. I have been to places where the tinier spade on the facility's line outlet was not lethal as it should be. Since, dpdt safety.
    6. Is it adviseable to merely switch out nfb, or, limiting nfb with the existing 22k an additional 250k log taper pot ? Concern is whether the pot method versus simple switch out of nfb would prevail desired sound signatures.
    7. Is it adviseable to switch in an additional 470uf 50v to the exisiting 25uf 50v of the 6v6 cathode biased bypass? Concern is whether sound signatures would be fruitfull, else abstain modification
    8. 120vac twisted 20gauge wiring sleeves through the pt chassis mount standoffs clearance (reluctant drilling chassis). This is for pt cooling fan, air impinging perpindicularly onto the pt's bellcover, then sides. Concern is whether proximity of twisted pair "crosstalk" is deleterious to pt's internal windings (all 60hertz)
    9. Utility company transients are snubbed by 332caps, two each, connecting line to earth, and independently, neutral to earth. Concern is whether optimal layout have 332caps upstrm sb2amp fuse or dwnstrm - don't want birdnest wiring antennae crosstalking w/ lowlevel birdnest wiring. The power cable furnished by the chinese is leads dressed, and, 332caps can be directly soldered to leads dressed, then lineside 332cap soldered onto fuse inlet, and neutral side extended by short wire to power switch. Objective is anti-birdnest (anti-crosstalk), minimal wiring runs.
    10. Power tube gets severely damaged by utility company and or facility derived ground faults (where energy comes out of ground!). Remedy is to equalize ground faults w/ an earthed hv diode pointing towards the plate. Concern is whether sound signature will be impacted unfavorably.
    11. 6v6 screen overcurrent protection: Do i add inline toward screen 1k 2watt resistor? Concern is impact onto desireable sound signature. Understanding is, running 6v6 hotter, results in more appreciating sounds but 6v6 life suffers indeed. Would 100 ohms 2watts still save the life but w/out jeopardizing that "wet" sensitivity (hearing your finger print ridges harmonically when contacting ridges of the pure nickel wrap round windings)?
    12. Replace 470 ohm cathode resistor with 10watts in lieu of 5watts. Concern is cooler cathode resistor means stability (thermal resistivity). Did this (20watts) on ac30 and sound signature improved, so did loudness.
    13. Diode rectification: Will pt's 300htac or 330htac be too too much ?ht ac windings is ct
    14. Hand built series topology led array using tiniest led's and fast epoxy. Soldered inline input and output 1n4148's. Current flow is 4milliampere using servicing 6.3vac. Concern is whether or not led's twisted pair wiring sleeving through pt's standoff clearance would cause any deleterious impact, "crosstalk", e.g. This illumination is important so guitarist won't forget to power down. But still need to illuminate ht to guitarist so ht won't chew up class a 6v6 unnecessarily, during breaks. The array is very tiny, rat poop pellet (surface mount microsize led's). The most efficient way to not rob ht energies for illumination is to utilize an scr to reduce ht energies to a level useable by an led array. Somebody already went this route but i did not find anything searching the internet. Scr op is based on partially shutting off the waveform cycle, and this energy can be easily smoothed, w/out losses, yielding desired voltage. Illumination via incandescent or neon chews up plenty energies (as if class a isn't) and it is desired to conserve it for more vital needs.
    15. Turrentboard fastening to chassis: Chinese factory drilling of the extremely thick gauged chrome chassis provides chassis mounting holes for turrentboard, only super misaligned (avoid exclusive patent infringe?). Drilling one-eighth inch chinese thickness fiberglass board is humbug! So is drilling thick chassis. Can hv-proof material be utilized (epoxied) instead on the board's underside to standoff chassis floor? If positioned properly, the standoff could be fastened using the super misaligned mounting chassis holes.
    16. So sorry on dissertation length of this post. Don't want to screw up invested chinese money paid to china (commun

Originally posted by hewo View Post
    1. Need help for the following concerns:
    2. Pt windings label is obscurred. So i id'd all the windings. But nowhere are windings current ceilings disclosed. The chinese seller said they don't know. My intentions are to rectify by semiconductor, freeing the 5y3gt octal for the 2nd 6v6 and upgrading 5f1 circuitry to accomodate duet 6v6 cathode biased. Once succeeded, desire is se el34, se 6l6, cathode biased, and switchable (two octals but only single on service)
    3. Mv has been criticized over the original 220k 6v6 grid tiedown. The specific criticism applied to the unappreciative sound w/ this 250k log pot throttled open past 50%. I don't know whether posters on this matter had "other" unknown deleterious circuit influence(s) while blaming the mv. I know that adding an mv will birdnest more antennae wiring in that cramped chromed heavyduty gauged chassis - scope shows crosstalk so crosstalk (parasytic resonance) abatement must also be addressed. Another poster's criticism was mv wiper contact "burn through". But this occurs in all other amps esp driving sassy brit signatures (clipped) and repair is expected sooner (than sine). I am concerned whether excessive, or possibly insufficient, drive energy into the 6v6 grid results w/ the mv installed. You must consider why 5f1 original designers did not incorp mv
    4. Omission of the bezel jewel htr's panel lite freed up chassis penetration for dptt (330ht-none-300ht) switchable ht ac windings to 5y3gt. My concerns are whether once rectified, ht dc will be excessive or insufficient. Fender's legacy 5f1 says 340dc 5y3gt output. The tubes furnished all say shushuang factory and beta problems (factory production) must have been resolved by now. Strange, the ecc83 is labeled 12ax7b, not 12ax7wb as historically familiar with.
    5. Omission (fusing relocated internally) of the fuseholder freed chassis penetration for dpdt installation to toggle both line and neutral simultaneously into pt primary windings. Concern is the inductance reactance experienced w/in the pt itself. Is a snubber cap (332cap on both line/neutral, to earth) justified here to absorb the transient flyback? I vaguely recall an arrestor circuit which would intercept the transient energy and consume it. But i believe it had a diode in it - the internet does not have any information of it. I have been to places where the tinier spade on the facility's line outlet was not lethal as it should be. Since, dpdt safety.
    6. Is it adviseable to merely switch out nfb, or, limiting nfb with the existing 22k an additional 250k log taper pot ? Concern is whether the pot method versus simple switch out of nfb would prevail desired sound signatures.
    7. Is it adviseable to switch in an additional 470uf 50v to the exisiting 25uf 50v of the 6v6 cathode biased bypass? Concern is whether sound signatures would be fruitfull, else abstain modification
    8. 120vac twisted 20gauge wiring sleeves through the pt chassis mount standoffs clearance (reluctant drilling chassis). This is for pt cooling fan, air impinging perpindicularly onto the pt's bellcover, then sides. Concern is whether proximity of twisted pair "crosstalk" is deleterious to pt's internal windings (all 60hertz)
    9. Utility company transients are snubbed by 332caps, two each, connecting line to earth, and independently, neutral to earth. Concern is whether optimal layout have 332caps upstrm sb2amp fuse or dwnstrm - don't want birdnest wiring antennae crosstalking w/ lowlevel birdnest wiring. The power cable furnished by the chinese is leads dressed, and, 332caps can be directly soldered to leads dressed, then lineside 332cap soldered onto fuse inlet, and neutral side extended by short wire to power switch. Objective is anti-birdnest (anti-crosstalk), minimal wiring runs.
    10. Power tube gets severely damaged by utility company and or facility derived ground faults (where energy comes out of ground!). Remedy is to equalize ground faults w/ an earthed hv diode pointing towards the plate. Concern is whether sound signature will be impacted unfavorably.
    11. 6v6 screen overcurrent protection: Do i add inline toward screen 1k 2watt resistor? Concern is impact onto desireable sound signature. Understanding is, running 6v6 hotter, results in more appreciating sounds but 6v6 life suffers indeed. Would 100 ohms 2watts still save the life but w/out jeopardizing that "wet" sensitivity (hearing your finger print ridges harmonically when contacting ridges of the pure nickel wrap round windings)?
    12. Replace 470 ohm cathode resistor with 10watts in lieu of 5watts. Concern is cooler cathode resistor means stability (thermal resistivity). Did this (20watts) on ac30 and sound signature improved, so did loudness.
    13. Diode rectification: Will pt's 300htac or 330htac be too too much ?ht ac windings is ct
    14. Hand built series topology led array using tiniest led's and fast epoxy. Soldered inline input and output 1n4148's. Current flow is 4milliampere using servicing 6.3vac. Concern is whether or not led's twisted pair wiring sleeving through pt's standoff clearance would cause any deleterious impact, "crosstalk", e.g. This illumination is important so guitarist won't forget to power down. But still need to illuminate ht to guitarist so ht won't chew up class a 6v6 unnecessarily, during breaks. The array is very tiny, rat poop pellet (surface mount microsize led's). The most efficient way to not rob ht energies for illumination is to utilize an scr to reduce ht energies to a level useable by an led array. Somebody already went this route but i did not find anything searching the internet. Scr op is based on partially shutting off the waveform cycle, and this energy can be easily smoothed, w/out losses, yielding desired voltage. Illumination via incandescent or neon chews up plenty energies (as if class a isn't) and it is desired to conserve it for more vital needs.
    15. Turrentboard fastening to chassis: Chinese factory drilling of the extremely thick gauged chrome chassis provides chassis mounting holes for turrentboard, only super misaligned (avoid exclusive patent infringe?). Drilling one-eighth inch chinese thickness fiberglass board is humbug! So is drilling thick chassis. Can hv-proof material be utilized (epoxied) instead on the board's underside to standoff chassis floor? If positioned properly, the standoff could be fastened using the super misaligned mounting chassis holes.
    16. So sorry on dissertation length of this post. Don't want to screw up invested chinese money paid to china (commun
    Hahahahaha this is great.
    If you are so concerned, why don't you buy a real 5F1 and rebuild it?
    WTF is LEDs doing in your amp? Heresy I say. Blasphemy, even.

Comment

how cruel a response but forgiven

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
      Hahahahaha this is great.
      If you are so concerned, why don't you buy a real 5F1 and rebuild it?
      WTF is LEDs doing in your amp? Heresy I say. Blasphemy, even.
      the legacy technology has become surpassed by technological improvements esp discrete components incldg trannies. i have an orig refitted cab w/ 10" back from the 70's but that combo cab is significantly bigger than today's. it's trannies are dwarfed by the chinese trannies. it sounds traditional and becomes edgy when cranked but the clipping is more out of the 6v6. the chinese venture is to obtain front end clipping as well as back end too, controllably, and that's why the mv concern. the reason for led indication is to prevent unnecessary idling wasting consumeable resource. no one has achieved 4ma, 6mW incredibly insignificant energy tap off htrs. it's the sony led's back from the era when stereo fm headsets operated off of two triple a's for months, extreme proficiency. since the chassis spkr jack penetration is forfeited for nfb throttling, and, there is no other chassis penetration for this led array passthru, the array was fastened within the crevice clearance of the pt's standoff over chrome chassis. it's weird, the red illumination appears chassis internal is illuminated red.
      i missed (confusion) your response of heresay and blasphemy: do u mean this chinese venture is insulting to status quo on the "acceptable" psychology of postings? i don't know your forum hierarchical stature so your response may be skewed (combatitive).

Comment

Originally posted by hewo View Post
        i missed (confusion) your response of heresay and blasphemy: do u mean this chinese venture is insulting to status quo on the "acceptable" psychology of postings? i don't know your forum hierarchical stature so your response may be skewed (combatitive).
        Please excuse the attitude of Mr Guruman.
        This forum has a group of well respected individuals who are more than happy to help.
        Mr Guruman apparently has his own version of 'status quo'.

Comment

Working...
        X