Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul DYI PreAmp/Amp Orientation

Hello people,

Currently I have a Marshall 30W for my Les Paul and looking forward to go to a 100W or + Tube Amp. I'd love to build myself an amp like that but I've been reading in forums and web and still confused
    Just the clean sound. I have a pedalboard full of BOSS stompbox pedals.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

A hundred watt clean tube amp that works well with pedals? A Fender Twin Reverb, of course.

For a newbie I wouldn't suggest trying to build such a beast when there are plenty of them around at reasonable prices. I'd suggest locating a nice clean SF model, though some dislike the ultra linear models. But even those can be tweaked into a nice amp, IMO. Then you can learn about replacing filter caps if/when it needs it, and other routine maintenance items (i.e. cleaning pots & jacks, resoldering weakend joints, replacing tubes and setting the bias, etc). Just don't go wild modifying it (no drilled holes or irreversible mods) and the amp will retain it's value. You'll get years of great service and will be able to get as much for it as you paid, probably even more, when you decide to sell it and get something else.

Comment

Ok thanks for the advise, I'll post what I do.

Regards,
      Distortion

Comment

Working...
      X