No announcement yet.

Fender DRRI tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's closer to Ch 1, but CH2 is still just a tad brighter.There's the 10pf/3.3M in there which adds a small amount of brightness, but taking out C10 can help. Not so much if you have dark sounding humbuckers, but IMO the amp sounds better with it out of the circuit.
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
    - Yogi Berra

Comment

I like a bright cap - 47pF would generally too low a value - but hate that 10pF cap across the 3M3.
      Every amp with every guitar, pedal, speaker sounds better without it; it adds quite a boost to a nasty frequency range. No-one's asked for it to be replaced yet, when they try it out.
      Pete
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
        I like a bright cap - 47pF would generally too low a value - but hate that 10pF cap across the 3M3.
        Every amp with every guitar, pedal, speaker sounds better without it; it adds quite a boost to a nasty frequency range. No-one's asked for it to be replaced yet, when they try it out.
        Pete
        what number is the 10pf on the schematic and should it just be removed or replaced with a different value.

Comment

It's C13. I actually like this in Fenders, but I can see if you use pedals it may be better without it. I would't go any larger.
          "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
          - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by JoeM View Post
            It's C13. I actually like this in Fenders, but I can see if you use pedals it may be better without it. I would't go any larger.
            thanks Joe. I think I'll start by checking the bias and set it at 70%. Are these 6v6's the same pinout as a 6l6. I have a bias probe for a 6l6. Also need to measure the plate V since this probe doesn't. Do you know which pin it is.

Comment

6v6s have the same pinout as 6L6. Pin 3 is the plate.
              - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by JoeM View Post
                6v6s have the same pinout as 6L6. Pin 3 is the plate.
                thanks Joe

Comment

My goodness, I'm just loving this amp more and more. I think I'll just leave it stock and keep on enjoying it the way it is. I can really see now why so many people love these amps.

Comment

Yep, great amp. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
                    - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                    X