BEHRINGER GMX212 qusetion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEHRINGER GMX212 qusetion

I have the above 2 X 12 combo amp but am currently 400 miles from it. Can someone tell me if I can use it as an extention cabinet without having to cut and splice into the speaker wires?

Basically I hate the sound of this amp (maybe I just need to spend more time fooling around with it but prefer to spend my time actually playing) and wonder if it would make a decent cabinet driven by a 15 watt Fender Blues jr...but would prefer not to cut and splice into the speaker wires if possible. Do the speakers plug into the amp or are they hardwired in?

Actually not crazy about the blues junior either but suspect it is because of a single 12" speaker. I usually play jazz through a 7 string box and want clean warm bottom end. 2-12" or 1 15" good, 1 12" not enough. Maybe I can make something I like by combining the best of each amp.

Thanks

The speakers appear to be hardwired into the amp. And it is a stereo amp so there are 2 sets of wires.
    That being said it is quite simple to cut and splice, without even having to remove the chassis. http://medias.audiofanzine.com/image...212-232031.jpg
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi. I had a GMX212 in for repair recently.It is a two 60w stereo amp with each speaker wired separately to each amp.although they look hard wired through the bottom of the chassis,they do terminate with two plugs on the inside.So you would have to remove the chassis in order to unplug the speaker leads and pull them through the rubber grommit in the chassis. Peter.[Byronboy]

Comment

I know this is an old post but in case someone reads it and wonders the same thing, there are 2 jacks on the back for external speakers out. Just plug them in. Bob

Comment

Bob, those jacks are for running the amps outputs into some other speaker cabs, so they are "amp out" jacks. This thread was about using the speakers in the combo without using the amplifier. The jacks on the back are not for that.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
            Bob, those jacks are for running the amps outputs into some other speaker cabs, so they are "amp out" jacks. This thread was about using the speakers in the combo without using the amplifier. The jacks on the back are not for that.
            Oops, guess I missed the gist of the whole thing, sorry about that...... Bob

Comment

Working...
            X