SUNN Beta Lead noise from pots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNN Beta Lead noise from pots.

Sorry if this is posted in wrong spot. I have a SUNN Beta Lead 212 that I purchased in 81. I have never had any trouble with it other than some noise from the pots. I bought some QD Contact cleaner and sprayed all the pots. Now when I play the sound cuts in and out repeatedly. I am pretty sure there is still some dirt in there. Several attempts at respraying did not change the problem. The pots that seem to affect it most are the master, level, and drive. I can't pin it down to just one. I was thinking of replacing all pots (shotgun approach) Any thought or help would be greatly appreciated.

There are a bunch of 2uF (or 2.2uF) 25V Non-polar electrolytic caps in that preamp. Replace them all. You may have to replace the pot that is causing the amp to cut out if you can't flush it out with contact cleaner. Spray come cleaner into the effects loop jacks and plug a cord in and out several times.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

That QD stuff is o/k.
      Bar none, the very best pot cleaner is Caig Deoxit D5.

Comment

Working...
      X