Fender Hot Rod Deville 410 III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hot Rod Deville 410 III

I just recently acquired a mint Fender HR Deville 410 III, a friend bought it and it just wasn't his thing. So I traded him a guitar I had very little in a Godin Exit 22 S-2. Anyway most forums I have been in this amp does not get much love, that's because of the OD channel being bleh. The clean channel is very good almost Twin like. The amp is loaded with Eminence special design USA alnico 10s, though these speaker sound sweet clean, I think also hurts it. This is the first Fender amp I have ever had that, I never had to hold the treble down on it. Here is what I am thinking on doing. I have a nice Peavey Delta Blues 210 the last year they made the 210. I am think about taking the Blue Marvel 10s which are made by Eminence and replacing 2 of The Fender speakers with them in a X fashion. I will put the 2 Fender 10s in the PV DB. All speakers are 8ohms. The only different is the Peavey speakers are 60 watts each and the Fender are 30 watts each. What do you guys think of this, it will also save me some money. I would like your opinion please.

Opinion on just what? If you like the tone better, then it is good for you.

I didn't know PV even published a power spec for those speakers, but at 60 watts, then one speaker could handle the output of either amp. And if the fender speakers are only good for 30 watt each, then two of them is sufficient to handle either amp, so four in the HR will work fine. The DB is only a 30 wtt amp anyway.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know the sensitivity ratings of these two speaker designs?

SG
      Last edited by sgelectric; 06-24-2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I have a mod for the yellow/red channels that makes it sound great, it's doable. That stock design has obvious flaws. I did the mod with the stock speakers in mind so people wouldn't have to change the speakers to make it work.

Comment

Working...
        X