Question on Bugera 333xl 212 Harmonic Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Bugera 333xl 212 Harmonic Issue

I have a Jackson DK2M with a JB pickups and for some reason on my Bugera amp it has a tink sound of a harmonic on any note played on the A string.

My guitar has been to techs to be checked out on several amp SS and Tubes cranked up to and it never made the sound.

So on the 333XL 212 I have something is causing this tink sound to magnify.
    I have Kt-77 JJs matched in it and I have JJ ECC83S and one specific for Phase invert. I have tried my factory Pre amp tubes and it still does.

So is there something in the amp component wise or in the staging that is causing this and what options should I try? (Note it is a 212 Combo not the head model)
    Has anyone else had a amp issue such as this?

Thanks for any help.
    ----
    I have Tapped the Tubes and they are all good no Mic.
    My reverb stays off since you have to Manually turn it on each time you switch channels
    Bugera 333XL 212 Combo 2009 Factory Mod KT-77"'s JJ ECC83S
    Roland Cube 20
    Schecter BlackJack SLS C1 SD Blackouts
    Martin DX1AE Acoustic
    Bad Monkey OD
    Line 6 M9 Stompbox
    Behringer EQ700
    Live Wire Cables

Try the original (or other) power tubes.

Comment

I have. I have swapped tubes around and I still get the problem it is just more harsh from the China tubes..
      I have tried a 12AT7 and a 12AU7 and it tones it down but my amps overall tone suffers then.
      Roland Cube 20
      Martin DX1AE Acoustic
      Bad Monkey OD
      Line 6 M9 Stompbox
      Behringer EQ700
      Live Wire Cables

Comment

Bump!
        Roland Cube 20
        Martin DX1AE Acoustic
        Bad Monkey OD
        Line 6 M9 Stompbox
        Behringer EQ700
        Live Wire Cables

Comment

Bump?
          Does a different guitar do it?
          Same old, same old.
          Did you try the FX loop to an amp & from an amp? (narrow down the problem to preamp or power amp)
          Does it occur on both channels?
          Does any control change or eliminate the 'tink'?

Comment

When I use my Epiphone Custom I don't hear it at all. The Pickups in it are rather muddy and to the dark side. Had plans on installing new pickups and pots in it.
            The Jackson has the Seymour Duncans JB and SH-2N with Alpha Tone pots and it is shielded, but I can tell you these pickups are so much more hotter and clean. It does it even if I adjust the EQ, I tried other strings, Larger gauge and it is still there.
            So it leads me back to the amp. I will look into it later since I am not at the location with the gear at this time. (Classes)

TYVM
            Roland Cube 20
            Martin DX1AE Acoustic
            Bad Monkey OD
            Line 6 M9 Stompbox
            Behringer EQ700
            Live Wire Cables

Comment

Try to narrow it down to the preamp or poweramp.
              Divide to Conquer.

Comment

Sorry, Finished getting moved and finally have some time to work on the AMP. The Amp has low and High gain Inputs. It does it in both. I have again just checked all the Tubes and Preamp tubes at a raised volume and they are NOT Micro phonic.

My next thing to do is pedal and cords to swap around. I also want to check that it has Both Pots for the In/Out outputs for the FX Loop that this isn't a cause. Again the Clean channel sounds great, the Crunch sounds great, but the Lead channel is more distorted and not as much separation if that makes sense. Like when a bias is wrong it all runs together. This still don't solve my initial tink sound from the Jackson guitar when I play through it..

Post you more in a bit.

Update

OK, I may have found the issue.. Not sure till I get the funds to fix. May be the Nut on the Jackson Tremolo system. Under the pad where it screws into the neck, the E & A pad bolt threads had chipped out. I am thinking this is causing the A string to harmonic. I am at least hoping that is what it is. Since it has only been with that guitar it has to be the common denominator..
                Last edited by Muskratt; 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM.
                Roland Cube 20
                Martin DX1AE Acoustic
                Bad Monkey OD
                Line 6 M9 Stompbox
                Behringer EQ700
                Live Wire Cables

Comment

Working...
                X