No announcement yet.

1984 Peavey KB100 Only HUMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the caution Bill. The diodes in series had no affect. Please tell me where to check for DC voltage. When you say; "....on the output..." do you mean across the speaker output?
    Thanks - I appreciate your patience and I wish I knew more.

Comment

Clip your leads, for your multimeter, onto each one of the negative and positive terminals of the speaker output. Set your meter to DC volts and do not connect a speaker or load until we have no DC on the output. So yes you have the right thinking here...
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

The fuse is an AGC3/250V which I believe is the correct fuse. I checked DC voltage across the speaker output. The reading decays from an initial 6V to 0.5 V within about 4 seconds.

Comment

You are all probably going to laugh but it turns out it was a bad ground on a power supply 2200/50 cap (CR59 on the 1984 schematic). I only did a visual exam of the PCB for bad connections b/c I was afraid to use the "eraser tab" method when powered up b/c of the "hum".
          Anyway - replaced the dual diode and all is well! Thanks again for your advice!

Comment

I am not laughing at all.
            Glad that you got it.

Comment

Working...
            X