Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Celestion G12M-70 frame be used to make a G12M-65 creamback or?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Celestion G12M-70 frame be used to make a G12M-65 creamback or?????

Well I know someone here as done something similar to using a Celestion G12M-70 frame and making something different with it maybe? I would like to try to make one into a 65 watt Creamback but not sure of the voice coil size and if the magnet is right for this conversion... maybe a greenback?

Any takers on this subject???

Slo

I haven't heard of much refurbishing on speakers in this forum. But if you know how to thinker with em' why not jump right into it. And post pictures here as you go along.
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Ken at Mustang speakers told me that all the frames are the same, that the cones are really almost all the same, that the doping is different? not sure as to the details, but he's on the web and is recommended by celestion. something like that. i'm fuzzy this morning though, so, more coffee.

Comment

To really be able to know this, you need to know if the magnet types are the same, the magnet size and gauss are the same or close, the voice coil diameter must be the same as well. Then you just put int he right cone assembly, and you're there. Or, you could buy the speaker you want, because it will likely comparable for price.

Comment

The frame (baskety things) are most likely the same
          Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
          X