Low Volume on Vibrato Channel and Tremolo is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Volume on Vibrato Channel and Tremolo is not working

So i got my final parts for my amp as i am restoring a silver face Super Reverb..
    I plugged my guitar on the Normal channel and everything is working just fine! Volume, tone controls and Reverb effect are working (i added Reverb on the normal channel as well).
    So after checking the Normal channel i went to try the Vibrato and.... problems occurred.
    First of all in order to hear something from the speakers u have to turn the volume @ 10! Tone controls seem to be ok but i also discovered that tremolo effect isn't working.
    Let me tell you what i have done so far:
    1) Changed the optoisolator cause i didn't see any light coming from it..
    What happened? Light is now on but NOT blinking/flashing at all, tremolo effect still doesn't work (and yes i'm using a ahorted jack, if i'm saying it correctly..) and volume still remained low..
    2) Changed the tubes and problem remains..
    3) Disconnected the Intensity Pot and Volume is still Low..

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated..

Start by fixing the low volume problem and then worry about the vibrato.

If turning up the volume to 10 gets you a signal at the output, it sounds like there is an open connection in the signal path. Maybe a bad coupling cap or a missing wire somewhere.

Is the reverb tank signal getting to the output stage? Shake the tank and turn up the reverb control. Do you hear the crashing springs?

Edit: I just reread your post the reverb is working with the normal channel, so my first suggestion would be to double check what you did to get the reverb signal to work with the normal channel. Did you disconnect something there?

Comment

Working...
    X