No announcement yet.

Do I have a bad tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple things to try, 52Bill explained the problem with the speaker jacks. You could try your cab connected to the 16ohm speaker jack if you only try it at moderate volumes. Don't crank the volume up loud with the speakers in the 16 ohm jack.
    If the volume problem goes away we will know it is the jack problem that Bill mentioned.
    If the problem is still there we can try to isolate whether it is a preamp or power amp problem. Do you have access to another amp that has an effects loop?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Just want to send out this update to everyone, and say thanks!! All is right in rock and roll land again and the problem is gone(I hope). What I did was unplugged everything from all the jacks and cleaned them all with contact cleaner. I even unplugged everything from the rack unit jacks and cleaned them as well and so far so good the problem is gone and she's sounding better than ever. Thank you for all you're suggestions everybody and KEEP ON ROCKIN \m/.

Comment

Working...
      X