12AX7 Plate Resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan0354 View Post
    If you go to surplus store or on ebay, carbon comp resistor is a lot more expensive than MF. I agree with you that I don't think carbon comp sounds better at all, it's all because of the hype by people that don't know electronics. It is stupid that a 100K 1W cost over $2 and 120K 1W is cheap. People can't design, they copy blindly. I went to the surplus store, the 100K bin was empty, and they had plenty of 91K, 110K!!!! Don't they know they can design around to use that??!!
    ...And since the old CC resistors were +/-10% the rated Ohmage, a 91k or 110k *is* a 100k resistor.
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

I just now looked at the 100W & the 135W Fender Twin Reverb schematics.

I quote:" all resistors 1/2 W 10%)"

Comment

Jazz,

Look at the plate resistors, they are marked 100K 1W. My 70s SR has (or had) 1W CC plate loads.
        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
        - Yogi Berra

Comment

Fender is not consistent at all. Yes, 1W is over kill, but I would change to a 1W.

I forgot to mention, I just bought an original 73 Pro Reverb, it has 1W plate resistor.

BUT, my Bassman 100 is 1/2W!!! Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
            ...And since the old CC resistors were +/-10% the rated Ohmage, a 91k or 110k *is* a 100k resistor.
            We know that, but people that buy amps or demand to have their amps repaired don't. Customers are always right!!! I am hobbyist, but I can understand that, you can be right but you are not selling products!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeM View Post
              Jazz,

Look at the plate resistors, they are marked 100K 1W. My 70s SR has (or had) 1W CC plate loads.
              Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Working...
              X