Help me find an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find an amp

I love my tweed deluxe but it's very inconsistent, and hard to dial in that tone with appropriate volume from venue to venue. The loose low end is also very problematic. I love the sound of the tweed - where its breaking up and fighting ...saturation.....before it rolls over and goes into cazoo tone.

I don't play much lead (i'm a singer primarily). Mostly licks, big chords. I play kind of like Pete Townshend/ Bruce Springsteen /Bob Mould (not tonally just style of playing). I've been playing 20 years and frequently play on large festival type stages - but as opening act so I'm the one whose having to carry it. I have no need for high or modern gain however I owned a Mesa Boogie Tremoverb once and I loved the Blues channel. That tone was awesome. I'm probalby looking for a head and a cab, but I'm definitely open to a small, lightweight combo. I don't really use pedals. Im open to a clean amp with a pedal, but I have yet to hear a pedal that does what I want. Sounding great soloing IMO rarely translate to power chords.

Budget $ 800 - $1800 (I'll likely buy used)

Go!

Here's the stuff I've seen on Craigslist:
    5 string Ibanez
    Ibanez SR305DX Soundgear 5-String Electric Bass Guitar

Comment

Hi Chris, if that's your name, I would think a "dumble clone" of some sort may work for you. I think there are a few amp companies out there making "Overdrive Special"(ODS) clone amps. I remember reading an early Dumble interview that he said his ODS was inspired when someone asked him for the sound of a tweed deluxe, but with 100 watts.
      Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Working...
      X