Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bass Amp Rumble 100 - Volume issue

Hi,

I have a Fender Bass Amp (Rumble 100), lately I have noticed that if I connect my laptop via the "CD IN" , the volume control doesn't work. But at the same time the volume seems to work when I have my bass guitar connected to it with or without the laptop. I use my laptop to play songs and play the bass as well. Any idea why the volume doesn't seem to work?

I also noticed that if I don't play the bass, the volume control doesn't work when I hear a song from my laptop. So basically, I can only raise/lower the volume from my laptop.

Thanks for your help!

This is normal for this model. There is no volume control for the cd input, the level must be controlled by the source unit (laptop etc.).
    The volume control only works for the instrument input.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
      This is normal for this model. There is no volume control for the cd input, the level must be controlled by the source unit (laptop etc.).
      The volume control only works for the instrument input.
      Thanks for your reply...that is quite comforting to hear But I think in the past I have been able to control the volume I think. On a completely different note ...do you know the cleaning liquid to clean the knobs of a bass guitar? A friend did this for me long back to remove or reduce the screeching sound when I lower or increase the volume on my bass.

Comment

It is actually the controls that need to be cleaned, the knobs just turn the controls. They need to be cleaned from the inside. You would want to use an electronic control cleaner with lubricant. Deoxit D5 is often used by professionals but is quite expensive. For occasional use there are probably less expensive options available at places like radio shack. Just make sure it has a lubricant, there are contact cleaners with no lubricant that will damage the controls.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

And as a bonus, most Radio Shacks carry small cans of DeOxit.

Comment

Working...
          X