Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Rebel-30

Hi again!

Do someone know where I can find the Egnater Rebel-30 Schematic?.....I had searched in the web and found nothing about!. I need that urgentely because I have one in repair process.

Thanks in advance!

Opacheco.

It's right in front of you.
    Egnater Rebel 30

Comment

Sorry jazbo8 but the link doesn't work anymore.

Opacheco

Comment

Here it is...
        Attached Files
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

too purple and ...no values :.(....

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
            Here it is...
            Thanks DrGonz78!!....do you have the part identificación list with values?

Thanks a lot agin!
            Opacheco.
            Last edited by opacheco; 07-14-2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Bias setting for 6V6 and EL84 tubes??

Hi again!

What will be and appropiated Bias Current in miliampres for the 6v6's and the EL 84's tubes in this amp in order to don't do any tubes and output transformer damage???

What is the bias used for Egnater in these tubes??

Thanks a lot.
              Opacheco

Comment

By my recollection, the bias levels are printed on the circuit board of those amps............, though I could be wrong.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  By my recollection, the bias levels are printed on the circuit board of those amps............, though I could be wrong.
                  The Dude thanks a lot for your response! but I have this amp and they have the two pots only for bias adjustment for 6V6 pair and EL84 pair respectively on circuit board and nothing about the bias recommended (miliamperes) or necessary for this amp!!.....I don't want to burns the tubes or the output transformer!!

Anyone have a Idea??

Opacheco.

Comment

Must have been a different amp. Apologies. Scroll down a bit on this page. There are instructions.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewto...p?f=26&t=56736

Comment

Thanks The Dude!!, that is the information that I need!

Opacheco.

Comment

The Dude,

This information say that this Bias Current will be 40mA (miliamperes) that is very high value!.....I have a lot experience in Fenders, Marshall, Vox and Matchless bias adjustment and these amps have lower values. This amp run very hot!!

Any comment?
                        Opacheco.

Comment

They way I read it, it's 40ma per pair of tubes, in other words, about 20ma per tube. That seems reasonable to me. There's no reason you couldn't try biasing it a bit colder if you like. Are the tubes red plating?

I will speculate (and it is only speculation) that the heat is simply the tightly enclosed space and not from the tubes being over biased. These things do run hot and many have added fans to them. Here's a thread talking about a user installing a fan to keep his cool.

Rig-Talk ? View topic - Cool your Rebel 30 112 & Void your warranty simultaneously!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                            They way I read it, it's 40ma per pair of tubes, in other words, about 20ma per tube. That seems reasonable to me. There's no reason you couldn't try biasing it a bit colder if you like. Are the tubes red plating?

I will speculate (and it is only speculation) that the heat is simply the tightly enclosed space and not from the tubes being over biased. These things do run hot and many have added fans to them. Here's a thread talking about a user installing a fan to keep his cool.

Rig-Talk ? View topic - Cool your Rebel 30 112 & Void your warranty simultaneously!
                            Yes, you are right!!...20 miliampres per tube no sound too bad now!!.....I don't have the new tubes with me, instance I am in the purchase process with this data.

The Hot coming from if the tubes are over biased and the output transformer could be hot and can be damage too for this extra current flowing there!

Thanks a lot again!

Comment

One thing more!...the old Ruby tubes have two numbers for PLATE CURRENT PC and TRANSCONDUCTANCE TC:

PC 36 for 6V6 pair
                              TC 3100 for the 6V6 pair

PC 38 for the EL 84 pair
                              TC 3150 for the EL 84 pair

I am planning to buy matched TAD pair tubes for 20 miliamperes but the question is why Egnater install Ruby Tubes with these PC data if this amp was adjusted to 20 miliamperes?. What is the idea behind of these PC/TC data for Ruby Tubes?

Opacheco.

Comment

Working...
                              X