Ashton AMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashton AMP

Hi just joined the forum and looks helpfull..I have a small (10 Watt) Ashton AEA10 Acoustic Guitar Amp... and not sure where the controls should be... Starting on the left there is Bass, Middle,Treble ..in the middle a on/off button , Chorus then Volume.... i experimented and the best i could come up with is the Bass at 9 oclock, and Middle and Treble at 1 oclock followed by the Chorus and Volume fully up ( volume adjusted on guitar itself).......Anyone tell me if i have it right or a better position for the knobs,,,also what is the middle on/off button for.... thanks heaps...

The right position for the knobs is wherever sounds best TO YOU. Or, more cynically, any position that doesn't get bottles thrown at your head!
    Without a picture, I bet the button in the middle turns the Chorus on and off, IF it's not the power switch. Though that'd be an odd spot for a power switch... to me, chorus all the way up is good as long as it's really slow. Otherwise, it gets old fast. But that's just me. You might like something comletely different. There are no rules. Well, maybe 1:
    1. The amp can't burn down your house or electrocute you if you touch a knob.

Have fun!
    Justin

Justin
    "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
    "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
    "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Yes, the middle switch turns the chorus On & Off.
      With it On, the Depth control will now affect the Chorus signal.

To add, the controls are there to 'tailor' your sound.
      Different instruments, room acoustics, playing style, have to be dealt with.
      Puts em where you likes em.

Comment

Working...
      X