Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping fees from the Newark website ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They call it 'volumetric weight' in the UK and this penalizes low-weight items that are in a carton that could theoretically hold something much heavier. Of course, the weight is also factored in over a certain level so that either way the shipping company wins.

Comment

A little off the topic, For tools, equipments for electronics, I shop on Amazon. I join the Amazon Prime, it worth every penny and times 100!!! I buy solder, lights, solder irons, cutters.....everything I need for my work shop on Amazon. Just got a printer there at almost half price from Fry's last month. Free two days shipping on all stuffs that are eligible for Amazon Prime. Just click to choose to show only the ones eligible for Amazon Prime.

Particular the long items, they ship 2 days and it's fast. My wife have a free Kindle book every month too!!! I even help my step son ordering stuff and take the advantage of the free 2 days shipping. I just enter his address and now I can choose where to ship to different places. It's like one Prime membership for the whole family!!!

Components, not so much.

Comment

Shipping rates (anyone with a UPS or FedEx account knows this) have increased about 5% per year for at least the last 8 years. "Free shipping" merely means the shipping cost is built into the purchase price, in many cases. Newark has not changed their shipping cost structure; they also bundle handling. The shock is that you see the actual cost to them of shipping and handling overhead. In some cases, an item must ship internationally, which makes the price skyrocket.

Caveat emptor as always. Costs that you don't see, you still pay for.

Comment

Working...
        X