Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tube amp line in recording. Decent sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

OK, but I was suggesting simultaneously recording two tracks - one with the sound you want (effects, amp simulation or real amp, etc.) and that's the one you monitor - the other is just a direct input from the guitar (kind of a backup track that could be used later if you want with a different amp etc.)

Comment

Oh. I'l do that! Nothing to loose!

Thanks!

Comment

To record real amps with quality, Palmer PGA04 works really well:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H5ggX4Eqf8

Comment

Hi Pedro,

That's a great piece of gear which will bypass the cab and iso box need! Def to keep in mind!

Comment

If you are recording on a PC and need to do so quietly, you can skip the amp or amp modeler altogether and simply record the guitar directly into your interface, and then apply amp and cab simulation to the recorded track in your DAW with something like Amplitube or Peavey Revalver.

Comment

Don't know much about recording but there have been a lot of music recorded using the old Fender Champ (5F1). 3 to 5 watts cranked. That is how you get the sound. Do a search and see. Layla by Eric Clapton, Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh, Honkin on Bobo by Joe Perry and Brad Whitford, La Grange by Billy Gibbons to name a few...How do you get that tube amp sound? by using a tube amp cranked. JMO

Comment

Hey PeanutNore, have you achieved good sonic results with Amplitube or Peavey Revalver? Is this SW good enough for a professional sound recording?

From my experience the sound sucks when you play. I'm also not sure i can get 0 latency as with an amp or amp modeler. I will need an internal sound card which achieves 0 latency to test but prefer external as they have more functions.

Otherwise if you achieved great results i will definitely give it a go! This way i don't have to end up broke from my biggest hobbie!

Ps: I already have Amplitube but quickly quit on it as the sound leaves a lot to desire...

Comment

Originally posted by mac dillard View Post
                  Don't know much about recording but there have been a lot of music recorded using the old Fender Champ (5F1). 3 to 5 watts cranked. That is how you get the sound. Do a search and see. Layla by Eric Clapton, Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh, Honkin on Bobo by Joe Perry and Brad Whitford, La Grange by Billy Gibbons to name a few...How do you get that tube amp sound? by using a tube amp cranked. JMO

Yeah you can get a great sound from a little amp like that. The problem is when you need a heavy, more defined sound! Between rock and metal...
                  That's in the blues territory

Comment

Consider this...when most folks think of Jimmy Page, they think of a Les Paul through a Marshall stack. In reality....it was a Tele being played through a Supro on the recording.

For another example, how about Neil Young's classic sounds? Cinnamon Girl, Hey Hey My My, etc....were recorded on a Fender Deluxe 5E3.

Comment

hmmm...double posted.
                      Last edited by nashvillebill; 02-08-2015, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X