No announcement yet.

Help with PA Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a cool looking unit. The Muzak name is being retired now so perhaps it will have some collectible value at some point.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      That's a cool looking unit. The Muzak name is being retired now so perhaps it will have some collectible value at some point.
      Well, probably not after I've hacked the living crap out of it,
      but there are others out there. Betcha there's one on the
      'bay now..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeru View Post
        Well, probably not after I've hacked the living crap out of it,
        but there are others out there. Betcha there's one on the
        'bay now..
        g1's point may have been that restoring that unit and flipping it may give you more $$$ build power than just hacking the thing as it is.

Probably not, but how many regrets do we have in this trendy business??? Once was the time I occasionally had a few hundred spare and I could have bought some beat up '58 to mid 60's Les Paul's. I always wanted one but never committed. Then the going price skyrocketed while I was forced into tight budgeting! Missed that boat! 20 G's a piece for a couple of guitars that cost me $400 would be pretty sweet right about now!

The collectibles market is generally poor right now but caution serves a good second to insight in such things. Maybe just fix and keep the unit to see if a market develops. You'll still have it so there's nothing to lose. Guitar amps aren't hard to build or come by without modding that unit.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Perhaps as a minimum, replace the CT link with a fuse (to protect your 'investment') and add a few select resistors (PI and 6V6 grid stoppers, and 6V6 screen stoppers) so that your first impressions of loud overdrive are not too unpleasant.

Comment

Working...
          X