No announcement yet.

Extreme Tube Compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I would check the more common problems first, like the caps.
    Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Here's a tune with some of the same type of distortion...VOX?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCE0z4V3USQ
      Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Right ! AC 60 Top Boost VOX Beatle amps! With hollow body Rickenbacker's, right? I was way off. How about Alvin Lee's tone on "I'd Love to Change the World" ! And David Gilmour on "Time" !

That is very cool. Thanks Guitician. I'm pretty sure Paul McCartney was using the same gear Last time I saw him at Key Arena. DAMN, he puts on a great kick-ass show. It's funny though, those two guitar players look like bookends. I'm a HUGE McCartney fan. Seen him twice. That 1976 concert of Wings Over America they've been showing on VH1 CRW, I was at that one filmed at The Kingdome.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          https://youtu.be/4XWxyQVqP-M?t=2m6s

I've always thought that was one of the coolest solos and guitar tones ever. I remember reading somewhere that it was a '59 Les Paul through an old tweed Deluxe dimed.
          I do not associate that sound in any way with a tweed Deluxe. I associate it with the lead channel of a Mesa Mark. It even seems that there is one on stage (2:27).

Comment

I may be popping in a bit late but this has most of the sounds you can get out of an Orange Squeezer into a tube amp. Similar to Jeff Baxter in Steely Dan's "My Old School" except he's using a Tele Bridge Pickup. I have a customer with an Orange Squeezer clone that he built and can get a very similar sound with an amp he bought from me or his Blues Junior. The Orange Squeezer has a fair amount of distortion in it's barely adjustable design. I like it a lot!

Ken Zuercher

Comment

Sounds like a 5E3 to me.... Or even closer to a tweed Champ as a 5E3 can get much more dirty and compressed. +1 on most everyone elses replies. Minimal to no negative feedback around the power amp is the key IMO. When the guitarist gets on those lower strings it gets all farty. Thats not the speaker...my guess is blocking distortion. Which can sound cool...ala Cinnamon Girl as mentioned.

Comment

Working...
              X