Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bass preamp

Hey guys,

My bassist currently is running through a really nice hartke system but its just not everything he wants as far as sound is concerned. The hartke cab has the aluminum drivers which are very punchy so he has to suffocate his mids and highs just to keep from losing his low end. He loves the setup and wants to keep using it but wants a preamp or effects rack that can help him achieve, as he puts it, a "vintage buttery smoothness." Anybody have any schematics of, or recommend a manufactured bass preamp that is either tube driven or has a really good harmonic replication of tubes and will give him that "vintage buttery smoothness" he is looking for?

Thanks

Steve-O

How about trying some vintage buttery speakers? Either get a different cab that is less shrill so he doesn't have to fight it, or add a cab for bottom. A 15 or 2x15 under those tin cones might even things out some.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, he probably ought to try a 15" paper coned speaker. Those aluminium coned things can sound like someone dropped a pizza pan.
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
      X