No announcement yet.

Pine amplifier Model 209

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess a different version of the same model. That schematic makes a lot more sense than the one I had*, though they could have used the other half of the 12AX7 and saved a 6AV6.

*edit: I spoke too soon, The tremolo oscillator is a little mixed-up.
    Last edited by dmeek; 04-19-2021, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	203 schematic v1.2.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	951374 Hi folks,

I picked up a PEPCO Paul Model 203 as a freebie when buying another amp about 15 years ago, and I honestly thought it something handmade, as it looked really cheap. it didn't sound very good so I just tossed it in my closet. Fast forward, and I learned the basics in refurbishing/recapping amps as I needed a way to fix up an old Valco that I wasn't sure was worth hauling to an amp tech. That went really well, the amp sounded much better, so hauled out the Paul from the closet. Not a lot of data out there, but more than I found in 2005. I at least knew the amp wasn't somebody's Heath kit. I'm in the process of recapping and replacing other out of tolerance resistors, so I decided to try my hand at drawing a schematic. It’s my first one, so don’t crucify me.

4 input jacks, no fusebox.

Jay
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jaydeshan; 02-03-2022, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I see C6 twice. The one in series with the OT primary doesn't make sense - wouldn't allow DC current to pass.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Good catch,Helmholtz. You are correct. I've edited and removed. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
            I'm not familiar with the 6AV6 but it seems to me that with the cathode grounded a signal on the pin 5 anode would not affect the triode.
            Also to support my point about the tube count here is a scan from an old Eaton's catalog (Eaton's was a Canadian department store like Sears)

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...1&d=1556311400

Eaton's sold Symphonic and Vagabond brands. Who sold Pine and Lifco?
            dmeek , if you find out, please post. I've been looking.

Comment

Working...
            X