Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheap 2ndhnd decent soundn rack mount power amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap 2ndhnd decent soundn rack mount power amps?

any1 kno of any decent sounding rack mountable power amps? preferably tube ones but hey as long as it sounds good? any ideas on what i should keep an eye out for would be greatly appreciated. cheerz

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Your question is pretty vague. What do you want the power amp FOR, and how do you intend to use it? WHat power levels do you need? Using one for bass guitar on stage is very different from using one in the bedroom to play back practice tracks. WHat rack is it going in, a portable one or something in a studio? How much space you got?

Peavey made a series of perfectly fine tube power amps - CLassic 50/50, Classic 60/60 are both stereo amps. They also made the Classic 60 mono amp. There are others in the series.

SOlid state power amps are endless, there are way too many to list. They all sound good and they all sound alike. Pick the size and performance you need.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

(While this is strictly a guitar valve amp forum) FWIW I got a new Alto Mistral 1500 last year for my foldback slave

http://www.altopa.com/default.asp?p_id=4

Cost NZ$325 (~US$230) - came with a 12 month warranty. Can't complain - So far so good for a cheapie.
      Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
      X