Guitar amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar amp

Iam struggeling to figure out whether I should adjust the controlls under "Master volume" or should I only adjust the controlls under "guitar volume" when playing electric guitar.
    Attached Files

With the master volume you adjust the total power of the amplifier, with the guitar volume you adjust the volume of the electric guitar in relation to other channels.
    To start, set the guitar volume 4 - 6, and the master volume 2 - 4 or as desired.
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Thanks for the reply. But how should I adjust the treble, bass and middle under the "master channel" and under the "guitar channel".

Comment

The controls are there for flexibility. You adjust them by ear, there is no right or wrong.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Noack View Post
          But how should I adjust the treble, bass and middle under the "master channel" and under the "guitar channel".
          Tone control is adjusted individually (to taste)
          If you play alone, set the master channel tone control to 12 o'clock (0 dB).
          The guitar channel tone control adjusts depending on which genre of music you play.
          Visits
          https://mesaboogie.com/support/user-manuals.html?outOfProduction=1
          and see how the tone colors are adjusted depending on the type of music.
          For example
          https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/User%20Manuals/V-Twin%20pedal.pdf
          Personally, after the repairs, I set the level (4-6), treble (8), mid (2) bass (4), so I get the full spectrum
          It's All Over Now

Comment

Can I turn off the treble,bass and mid under master channel and only use it under the guitar channel?

Comment

Try it. There is no schematic to know how tone control works.
              When on the master channel tone control at 12 o'clock, the guitar channel behaves like a classic amplifier.
              It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Noack View Post
                Can I turn off the treble,bass and mid under master channel and only use it under the guitar channel?
                When you turn all the tone controls down to zero with this type of control, you cut most, if not all of the signal. Think of it this way - you have bass, middle, and treble frequency ranges in your signal. Now you turn the tone controls to zero, so now you have no bass, middle or treble coming through. Setting the master tone controls to 12 o'clock as suggested by vintagekiki gives a near-level frequency response for the master section and then you can just use the guitar channel tone controls to get the sound you want.

Comment

I would suggest that you put both sets of controls in the middle and fine tune it from there.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	h009.gif
Views:	370
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	921426
                    It will turn the controls until dawn (from morning to tomorrow)
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

What´s suggested above, BOTH sets of controls work.

Start with all Master controls set to 5.

Turn all extra channel (Mic-Keyb-CD) volume controls to 0 and respective tone and reverb controls to 0

Use Guitar/Bass channel controls as usual.

IF you find some lacking, say muddy or shrill sound, not enough reverb, etc. then *slightly* tweak master controls.
                      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                      X