Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's like Toilet Paper all over again (tube shortage 2022?!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like Toilet Paper all over again (tube shortage 2022?!)

My buddy sent me a youtube link tonight, I'm sure some of you have seen it... standard youtube sensationalist clickbait stuff, but also true regarding the inability to get tubes due to the Russia Ukraine thing.

His video reminded me to check the shopping cart I was building up on my supplier's website. I had a few months stock waiting for me to hit "submit". Reloaded it, everything was out of stock. Ouch...

It's interesting.. even if there wasn't a shortage, there is now. To add fuel to the fire, I hastily bought a bunch of overpriced 6L6's because youtube convinced me that the future will be without tubes and music..

I was thinking we should do a tube swap thread, I know I have some tubes I've been holding onto for no reason and also some that I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
      I was thinking we should do a tube swap thread, I know I have some tubes I've been holding onto for no reason and also some that I am looking for.
      Don't we have a flea market - why wait for a special section to be set up. Go for it!

I guess we won't be hearing from yuriy for awhile and all the tubes he scratches up in Murmansk. You'll have no competition.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I would think any tube shortages at the moment are more due to the supply chain issues that have been happening than to the actual Ukraine thing, probably a literal boatload of tubes sitting in shipping containers offshore with everything else.It will get worse, depending on what happens in Russia going forward.

Comment

I'd agree, the whole Ukraine thing hasn't been going on long enough to empty the pipelines.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X